Thursday, July 30, 2009

An old favorite...

So, I found an old song the other day that I used to play on repeat in college when my life revolved around thinking about my future, praying for god to put "the one" in my tracks, job searching, and oh yeah, buying jeans.....gotta love your early 20's....

I have always loved Ben Folds Five and heard this song and it stopped me in my tracks. Brought back so many memories and dreaming of the day I would have a reason to feel a connection with this song, the lyrics....I wanted to post them because I think it is one of the prettiest songs that I have ever heard. I encourage you all to listen to it...I truly feel like the luckiest girl these days and feel so blessed to really live the lyrics...

"The Luckiest"

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest
What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?
And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest
I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you
Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away
I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know
That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

No comments:

Post a Comment