Monday, April 20, 2009

Beautiful Start to a Productive Weekend....

Well, I finally remembered why I live in Chicago.....when the weather turns off warm for the first day in a LONG time, transplant Chicagoans (or, I guess just Scott and I) breathe a collective sigh of relief. "Oh, this is why I like living here!" Friday and Saturday were the best days we have had in such a long time. We had our 35 week appointment on Friday and we are looking great! We were able to meet another doctor in the practice and we really like her. She said that my weight gain was perfect and right on track. I have this fear that I am cooking a 10 lb'er..... Seriously! Dr. Buscher seems to think that Ella will be 7.5-8 lbs which is way more managable than a 10 pound baby...We ended the day with take out and an early dinner. Perfect Friday night for me.
After taking the pups for a warm and loooonnggg walk with a pit stop at Dunkin Donuts and crusing Hamlin Park, I left to meet up with some new moms I have met in the past few months. A lot of the girls I haven't seen since early February and most have had their babies! So fun to see what my life will look like in a 4.5 weeks. It is so nice to have first time mom friends to give you their perspectives and experience. They are all so nice and I hope to see them again soon! Hopefully, I will be able to hang with them a little more when I go out on maternity leave. Walks and coffee grabbing will be in order. I stole a picture that was taken of the little ones on Saturday that are already here. They are all boys! Ella will have a ton of boyfriends to play with!



We ran errands (shocker) on Saturday afternoon and picked up more Ella essentials. I am sure there will be at least a few more trips to Babies-R-Us before she arrives. There is one Babies-R-Us in the city but it is not very nice and always picked over...we have been going out to the burbs every weekend for the nicer BRU. We got to run some other errands while out in the faraway burbs. We were very productive! We came home and made dinner on the grill.....

On Sunday we finished painting finally! It turned out a little more pink than I thought it would look...I will let y'all be the judge. Mom will be here to give me her opinion which will be nice. I am thinking about adding some stripes...we will see. I also have to get some window treatments and look for a chandelier. Every girl deserves one....



A picture of me, or should I say, my belly...I forget how truly big I am now. While painting, I needed to squeeze by something. The result: a perfectly pink circle on my obscenely too tight sorority shirt. I think the pink circle is a fun momento from our room painting adventure!



Almost there...




Scotty hard at work...




Scott looks JUST like his dad in this pic!




Final pics coming soon...that is, when the room is finally ready. Hopefully this will occur before my water breaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment