Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Little Pumpkin's 2nd birthday party....

For some odd reason, I can't upload pictures from my computer to blogger. Awesome. In the meantime, feel free to browse the sweet pictures from Ella's 2nd birthday party a week ago via picasa here----
I went with an owl theme as Ella loves loves owls. I made everything by hand. Every.thing. I won't do that again! I loved planning and being crafty, I really do, but working full time does not lend itself to having massive amounts of free time. I already have a theme for next year in mind, but I am getting lots more catered and maybe won't feature a dessert bar? We shall see...
So, my little girl will be 2 at 11:45 pm tonight. My heart is heavy and happy at the same time. We made it 2 years, unscathed and completely in love with a sassy little girl that will tell me, "go away momma" with a huge grin on her face and then seconds later kiss my legs and ask while her hands grasp my pants saying, "peas up momma?". Sigh. She challenges us, makes us laugh until our sides hurt and most importanly, makes me such a proud momma.
She is completely over the moon over Dora, choc-at (chocolate), milky, fin(finaly, our dog), lounging on the bed with daddy watching cartoons and playing in massive amounts of water.
This weekend was coined "birthday weekeend" b/c we had a huge birthday celebration for Kayla and Luke! How is Kayla 4 and Luke 1!? Unbelievable. I envy Tiffany's calm and and collective-ness. I so admire that about her. I hope it rubs off a little more on me =) Between birthday parties, play dates, costco, Shedd Aquarium and playing on the deck, mommy and daddy didn't get too much time to relax but look forward to seeing family this week in Boston! It won't be too relaxing, however, it will be so nice to see cousins, and aunts and uncles and Ella's namesake, Ella Francis the 1st! Nana is turning 90 and is an unbelievable lady. She golfs, sells real estate and drives her convertible around the south shore. She's amazing! I can't wait to post pics of the 2 Ellas in action.
I will post some pictures of our Memorial Day weekend tomorrow night. We continue to be so thankful to our troops and service men and women who serve us here in Chicago and abroad every day!
Have a great week everyone!
PS- It was 90 in Chicago today! Bring on summertime....
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment